Community Market Manager – Downtown Penticton
We are seeking a Community Market manager to join our team.
Reporting to the executive director, the market manager is responsible for ensuring that each Saturday market (and supplemental special event community markets) is a positive experience for downtown businesses, participating vendors, and the public who attend. This position will coordinate the market’s day-to-day operations and maintain productive relationships with up to 275 vendors and downtown business owners throughout the market season, which runs annually from May to the end of September.
This 25 hrs/week position requires an organized professional with the ability to proactively manage the community market’s administration and logistics, including actively facilitating its set-up and tear down each Saturday, on behalf of the DPA.
The incumbent must be able to anticipate project needs, meet deadlines with little supervision, and possess excellent communication skills to deescalate and resolve conflicts with tact. Additionally, established leadership qualities are required to train, supervise and motivate a team of summer market staff. Weekly reports/meetings with the executive director will be an ongoing part of this position.
- Proven organizational and logistics management skills
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- Assertive, positive communication skills (writing and verbal) adaptable to a diverse set of stakeholders in a variety of situations
- Excellent conflict management skills
- Proficient computing with advanced skills in Microsoft Word and Excel: create and manipulate large data sets in spreadsheets
- Certified in first aid and CPR or commitment to acquire certification
- Familiar with level 1 Food Safety regulations
Personal Suitability Attributes and Physical Requirements:
- Friendly, motivated and reliable
- Discrete and diplomatic
- Practice good judgment
- Interested and passionate about community markets
- Ability to lift 35 pounds (set up/move tables, tents, barricades, etc.,) as needed
- Energy and endurance to walk the market during market hours
- Comfortable working outdoors in varied weather conditions
Should this position capture your interest, please email your cover letter and resume to:
Downtown Penticton Association
Please ensure your work history demonstrates how your experience fits the qualifications required. Wages will be based on experience.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application Deadline: Thursday, January 31, 2019 or until filled.
Job posted: Monday, January 7th, 2019