What is BIA?
BIA is Business Improvement Area. The Downtown Penticton Association was established through a municipal bylaw. The Downtown Penticton Association BIA is a non-for-profit organization, under the direction of a volunteer board of management. All downtown BIA’s have the same goal – to encourage more traffic and ultimately increase traffic and sales in their downtown core. We strive to create a vibrant community and a prosperous economic environment.
The DPA unifies its membership and community – working to make Downtown Penticton a “Destination”. The DPA improves the lines of communication between you, the business community and the City of Penticton municipal council and staff.
As established within our bylaw, every business within the DPA area is automatically included in the DPA membership and contributors to the DPA budget through a special levy (tax). The cost of a membership (tax levy) is based on the properties commercial assessment.
Currently our boundaries are Haynes → Van Horne and Lakeshore → Eckhardt.
WHY BE AN ASSOCIATE MEMBER?
Listing in the DPA Downtown Guide and on the DPA website as an Associate Member
The DPA puts together its annual guide which includes a listing of all the businesses, parking information, coupons and much more. We print over 10,000 copies and the guides are distributed to all Downtown member businesses, surrounding area hotels, City Hall, Travel Penticton, and other high traffic locales. They are also part of the incredibly successful “I Heart Penticton” campaign.
Electronic communication includes our weekly eblast, FB postings, special notices and media releases from our community partners.
All of our members participate in the Downtown Dollars program. The public is able to come and purchase Downtown Dollars, they can then use them in participating businesses. When the business receives the dollars they call our office and we pick them up and drop off a cheque for the amount received. This program is great for employee incentives and gift giving – for NO cost to you.
Participation in Promotions and Advertising
As an associate member you may advertise in the yearly Downtown Guide and participate in the monthly Downtown Reporter as well as receive notice and access to special offers and discounts .
The DPA Associate Memberships are being offered to select businesses for an annual fee of $250.00.
- DPA Newsletters and member communications including information relating to economic development, maintenance & revitalization, security issues and bylaw enforcement etc.
- Your listing on the DPA website.
- Opportunity to participate in DPA co-operative marketing and promotional activities under the DPA umbrella.
- Inclusion in printing DPA business directories/listings.
- Invitation to DPA networking and social events including the DPA Annual General Meeting in a “non-voting” capacity.
- Associate members shall receive no property improvements, grants or street furniture or fixtures from the BIA.
- Associate members do not receive board seat privileges and do not qualify to vote on issues.
- Associate members can be subject to an additional charge on any promotional activities.
- Associate Membership applications are reviewed by the current DPA Board and Executive Director. The Board of Directors reserves the right to refuse Associate Membership to any applicant.
Join the DPA today to receive the benefits!
Please email application to firstname.lastname@example.org.